RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] downloading files from excel

downloaded your file from the files area and opened it in XL. I noticed that you
have formatted the date as MMM/YY. I changed this to a custom format of MMM/YYYY
and then downloaded using the downloader. I used Options to make sure the
download would pick up monthly data and that the "first date" was left blank.
The file downloaded just fine back to 1900.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
suspect your problem is that the MS Windows Operating System does not
know whether Jan/00 is Jan/1900 or Jan/2000 and Microsoft's Control Panel
Regional Settings defaults to 1930 when you are
non-specific.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Hope
this helps.

<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>Regards,
<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>
Gordon
Sutherland

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: drakov2002
  [mailto:pradovan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Saturday, 12 July 2003 12:13
  p.m.To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] downloading files from excelI
  have been having trouble using  the downloader to download files from
  excel.These have been historical data filesI have put one on the files
  section as an example called: share prices from 1900.As with all the
  others I put the proper headings: date, open, high, low, close, volume,
  open interest.They have all been monthly figures.With all of them I
  have been getting a yellow triangle message after I converted - which says
  that there is a number of errors.However the files came out okay on
  metastock except for this 1900 one.It only downloaded the data back to
  1930 instead of 1900.How do i fix this and stop the yellow
  triangles?To
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor