RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Clarification of "Periods"

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Periods is ALWAYS the number of bars.   For EOD data, it is the
number trading days.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
On a
monthly chart, it would be the number of calendar months, since there is ALWAYS
trading on at least one day of every month.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Keep
leap year out of the equation.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: bex1210
  [mailto:hmw3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 5:55
  PMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Clarification of "Periods"I
  have Metastock 8, and  a simple question, but I cannot find a clear
  answer in the manual.How exactly is "periods" defined?For
  example, if I have a daily chart and an indicator "mov (c,10,E)", is "10"
  defined as calendar days, or trading days? Does the answer vary depending
  on whether my chart is constructed to show weekend days or not? And how
  are stock market holidays handled?If I have a monthly chart, and the
  same mov () function, does the moving average recognize calendar months
  (i.e. Jan., Feb, etc) or is a month defined as 365/12, or ?? And how are
  leap years handled?Thanks for your help,HarryTo
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor