[EquisMetaStock Group] Clarification of "Periods"

I have Metastock 8, and  a simple question, but I cannot find a clear
answer in the manual.

How exactly is "periods" defined?

For example, if I have a daily chart and an indicator "mov (c,10,E)",
is "10" defined as calendar days, or trading days? Does the answer
vary depending on whether my chart is constructed to show weekend days
or not? And how are stock market holidays handled?

If I have a monthly chart, and the same mov () function, does the
moving average recognize calendar months (i.e. Jan., Feb, etc) or is a
month defined as 365/12, or ?? And how are leap years handled?

Thanks for your help,

Harry

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/BefplB/TM