Re: [Metastockusers] Please Help a Formula Rookie

bevwenz

As discussed in another forum here is an indicator that will give a rolling
frame data compression that partially solves your problem. It should be
noted by anyone looking at this that the result is dynamic and will change
as each new bar is added. That fact precludes it from use in back-testing
but it may have some use a purely visual indicator.

  {Frame Compression Concept}
n:=Input("bars per frame" ,2,15,3);
d:=Input("start bars back",0,14,0);
a:=LastValue(Cum(1))-Cum(1);
g:=d+1+a*(n-1);
j:=ValueWhen(LastValue(g+PREV-PREV),1,C); j;

Roy