  >From:
  Harold O.
  Courtney
  To: <A
  title=Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 11:07
AM
  Subject: [Metastockusers] TSG Trade in
  MS

  <FONT face=Arial
  size=3>This is a short-term
  pullback play. I use MS to scan for stocks in strong <SPAN
  class=SpellE>uptrends w/good relative strength. I then visually scan
  these charts to find those coming out of strong bases that meet
  <SPAN
  >Wyckoff<FONT
  face=Arial> criteria and I refine it further
  by looking for cross-verification thru a convergence of different elements of
  support and resistance - trendline, <SPAN
  class=GramE>ma's, Fibs, <SPAN
  class=SpellE>ect.
  <FONT face=Arial
  size=3><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial
  size=3>In Sept and Oct last
  year TSG reaches a Selling Climax (SC) after a sustained sharp downtrend. This
  is followed by an Automatic Reaction (AR). According to
  <SPAN
  >Wyckoff<FONT
  face=Arial>, the SC and AR define the
  <SPAN
  >Trading<FONT
  face=Arial>
  <SPAN
  >Range<FONT
  face=Arial> (horizontal yellow
  lines).
  <FONT face=Arial
  size=3><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial
  size=3>After attempting and
  failing to breakout of the range 12/02 price forms a descending triangle. On
  3/10 there is a shakeout (SO) at the bottom of the range. Note the relatively
  strong volume and the close in the upper half of the bar and back into the
  range here. A nice reversal
  bar.
  <FONT face=Arial
  size=3><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial
  size=3>In late Mar and early
  Apr price consolidates around the flattening and converging 20d and 50d <SPAN
  class=SpellE>ema's and sits at the apex of the narrowing triangle as
  volatility winds down. 4/21 a huge breakaway gap on strong volume above the
  downtrend line and both the ema's, as the 20d
  crosses above the 50d.
  <FONT face=Arial
  size=3><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial
  size=3>In early May price
  hits resistance at the top of the range and the now flat 200d <SPAN
  class=SpellE>ema, where it consolidates. Note the low <SPAN
  class=SpellE>vol and how price hugs both these converging major
  resistance points, refusing to go down. 5/13 a strong
  breakout above both on a wide spread and huge volume. RS <SPAN
  class=SpellE>vs S&P is very positive
  here.
  <FONT face=Arial
  size=3><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial
  size=3>Now I'm looking to
  enter on a pullback if it's positive. On 5/14 the reaction begins on strong
  down vol, but the bar is narrow and does not retrace
  even half of that previous massive breakout bar. 5/15 is a very narrow spread
  on low vol and little price loss. 5/19 a wide spread
  on relatively strong vol, which suggests weakness,
  but then look what happens, there is no follow-thru: 5/21 a wide spread
  closing on the high on strong down vol, the body of
  the candle closing smack dab on the flat 200d ema
  and the rising 20d ema, a Dragonfly <SPAN
  class=SpellE>Doji. That's real purty, <SPAN
  class=SpellE>imo. This convergence appears to be very positive sign for
  a reversal bar and a resumption of the rally.
  <FONT face=Arial
  size=3><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial
  size=3>So I set a buy stop
  just above the top of this bar at 21.77 w/a protective stop just below the low
  at 20.77. My profit objective is just under the previous high at 23.73 so I'm
  looking at about a 2:1 reward<SPAN
  class=GramE>:risk ratio. I trail my stops each day to the day's
  lows. Because vol on the rally is unimpressive I
  scale out half my position after I've made 1 pt at 22.77, then close out the
  rest of the position on 5/29 when my objective is
  hit.
  <FONT face=Arial
  size=3><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial
  size=3>Yes, it's a small
  gain but I'm a swing trader, that's what I do. Believe me, these little
  buggers add up. As always, money management and risk control are essential to
  the strategy. Safety first, profits second.
  <FONT face=Arial
  size=3><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial
  size=3>Harold