[Metastockusers] Re: Converting Metastock formulas into Excel or C++ language?

When I told MetaStock that I was willing to pay their usual rate for
custom programming to have the formulas converted to Excel, they
didn't mention any problems with copyrighted materials.  They did
want a high fee because of the "work" involved.  Since I was told by
MetaStock customer service that a translation should be "easy"
because of their great help menus and other documentation.  I find
that MetaStock is not always consistent in its help menus and will
sometimes fall back to using MetaStock language in its explanations.
It may also reference books where the math for its formulas can be
found but those books may have many variations.  It makes me wonder
whether MetaStock itself really knows exactly which versions of its
formulas are programmed into their system.    I see this as a broader
problem with technical analysis, and why it suffers from a poor
reputation among the vast majority of buy-side quant firms that
require scientific documentation of methodology. As a former
institutional broker and marketer of investment management firms, I
can tell you that most would never admit to using technical analysis
even if they did.  Still looking for a solution....

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "liquidity01"
<liquidity01@xxxx> wrote: Is there any source/tool/developer that
converts MetaStock to C++ language? I have a trading system that
tests extremely well in MetaStock 8.01, however large investment
management firms want to confirm the back-test results in their own
quantitative backtesting tools such as BARRA's Alpha Builder or
Market QA before they will buy it. The first part of my system uses a
consensus index of 20 standard MetaStock formulas. Unfortunately,  I
need to show potential buyers that my system back-tests well in their
own environment by converting the formulas into straight math such as
Excel language, or C++.  This way they can understand the
programming, paste the formulas into their own system, and use their
own price data to test it.  This must be completely separate from
Metastock since they are suspicious of technical analysis "black
boxes".   Please help.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM