[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How to make a Backup copy of Metastock CD?

If you back up only the files on your HD and your CD becomes damaged
you are out of luck. The Metastock CD is heavily encrypted. A simple
cd copier will not work. The copy will not function and it will
certainly not pass the 90 day cd check.

The only way I have been succesfull in backing up my copy is to use
sophisticated backup software that I use in my work. It reads the cd
bit by bit and takes about 3.5 hours just to read the encrypted
Metastock cd. The duplication process has intentionally written
errors to the cd as part of the copy protection and it takes a long
while to read it with the best software. My burner reads at over 48X
as well.

Bottom line is it can de done. It's a shame that Equis has chosen
this method of protection as it is worthless to the hacker/cracker
that wants to make a copy. It only keeps the honest legitimate
registered user from making a legal backup. Nonsense.

If anyone has a need to make one full functioning backup for
themselves, I can make my services available for a limited time
only. You will have to pay the shipping both ways and provide a
blank cd along with your original. You will NOT be required to send
your cd key. If you are interested send me an email and we can
discuss this via telephone so that we can exchange personal info to
avoid any fraud.

Regards,
Robert

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, JayTownsend@xxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 6/4/2003 12:42:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > Goose,
> >
> > Once the program is loaded onto your computer everything is
placed
> > into a folder named "Equis". You can copy the folder to a CD or
> > another drive.
> >
> > Preston
> >

> You can do that, but if your system crashes and you have to
restore the hard
> drive, you have to go from the original Equis CD.  Or, as several
sites
> recommend, you do a restore of your hard drive to clean it up, the
backup CD at the
> file level will not restore it.  Many sites recommend wiping your
HD clean and

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/BefplB/TM