Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Converting Metastock formulas into Excel or C++

<<I need the actual math translation of about 20 indicators. Since I am not a programmer myself, I was (naively?) hoping the math was easily documented somewhere or there was a way to extract the code from MetaStock itself.  MetaStock customer support doesn't even have many of the translations! >>

It's back to the old bugaboo that many of these are proprietary even though they are published in works written by the original authors.  Wilder's Parabolic SAR and several other's of his are in his book, Chakin's are in a book he wrote (if I remember right), Bollinger Bands are in the writings of Bollinger.  All of these sources and many more are copyrighted and I'm sure that Equis/MetaStock has to pay a royalty in order to provide them in the software and part of their agreement has to be that they will not reveal the formulas.  When you can determine the original author, you can go to their books.  The King County Library system (Seattle) had many of them and I'm sure that other libraries do as well.

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor