[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Converting Metastock formulas into Excel or C++

Thank you for your suggestions.  Unfortunately, wherever you go
(including MetaStock's own web site source "Technical Analysis from A-
Z") it seems that they are missing even the general descriptions of
at least some MetaStock formulas. I need the actual math translation
of about 20 indicators. Since I am not a programmer myself, I was
(naively?) hoping the math was easily documented somewhere or there
was a way to extract the code from MetaStock itself.  MetaStock
customer support doesn't even have many of the translations!  They
have promised to get back to me with at least some of them and I
would be happy to share.  Anyone else with suggestions?

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bob Jagow" <bjagow@xxxx>
wrote:
> I'm sure there are a # of toolkits around.
> A cursory search yielded http://www.modulusfe.com/tasdk/unix.asp
> Another alternative is to start with a script-based TA package
[wealthlab or esignal code for example] and recode the working system
> in C++.

MetaStock
> language into other programs at www.metalib.8m.com they said that
> they only have a SDK that allows you to read/write price data and
> cannot read the MetaStock formulas.  My original question is below.
> Are their any other thoughts as to where I may go for a solution?
> Thanks
>

> NEED CONVERSION FROM METASTOCK LANGUAGE
>
> I have a trading system that tests extremely well in MetaStock
> 8.01, however investment management firms want to confirm the
> back-test results in their own (fundamental) backtesting tools such
as BARRA's Alpha Builder or Market QA before they will buy it. My
> system simply combines many published formulas and systems that come
> standard with MetaStock. Unfortunately,  I need to show investment
> managers that my system works in their own environment by converting
> the formulas from MetaStock language into straight math such as
Excel formula language or C++.  This way they can paste the
combination of formulas into their own system and use their own price
data to test it.  This must be completely separate from Metastock
since they understand math but are suspicious of technical
analysis "black boxes".
---

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/BefplB/TM