  >From:
  Joe J.
  To: <A
  title=equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 9:42
AM
  Subject: RE: [EquisMetaStock Group]
  alerts
  Peter,  Yes you can do this.  Create a
  new expert advisor and click on alerts.Then name it and in the
  condition box put something like:Close > 40  {or High >=
  40, Low < 20, etc.}Click on alert and tell it what you want it to
  do.  Then simply attach that expert to your chart and you are all
  set.  You also might want to read the help files under tools,
  options, real-time about recalculating the expert live or on the completion of
  a bar -- this may be important to you.Good Trading,Joe
  J.-----Original
  Message-----From:      peter woodgate
  [mailto:peter.woodgate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent:
  Thu 5/29/2003 1:04 AMTo:
  equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCc:
  Subject:      [EquisMetaStock Group]
  alertsBob,Thanks for the reply.I guess what i want to know is can
  a horizontal line be an expert advisor.In my trading i only want to look at my
  charts at certain price levels which i always know in advance.All i need is a
  mechanism to do that for me and give me an audible warning,so i don't have to
  stay glued to the screen.I would have thought some sort of price alert is a
  pretty basic tool yet i can't see a way to do this in Metastock.Do you know if
  any of the third party providers do anything
  suitable?,PeterTo
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor