RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Parabolic SAR formula

The TS
SAR code is in Kaufman, Ugar.
My
scanner is out but it's on pp 443-4 if some may volunteer.
<SPAN
class=901572721-27052003>Lacking that, I'll sketch the TS code, using
your formula [in red].
<SPAN
class=901572721-27052003>
<SPAN
class=901572721-27052003>1-assume a long or short position [long if last swing
was low & short if last swing was high]
2-Calc
SAR per below, adjusting the EP as the price moves.
3-Keep
SAR outside of today and yesterday by

[if
short]:         if SAR < High then
SAR = High: if SAR < High[1] then SAR = High[1]:
[if
long]:          if SAR > Low
then SAR = Low: if SAR > Low[1] then SAR = Low[1]:
<SPAN
class=901572721-27052003> <FONT
color=#0000ff><FONT color=#ff0000 face=Arial
size=2>DEFINITIONS

AF=begins at .02 and is increased
(depending on the rules below) by .02 per
day until .20AF is never increased beyond .20EP[trade]=Extreme
Price Point [Lo or Hi] for the trade
made so far
SAR<SPAN
class=901572721-27052003> = SAR[1]
+ AF * (EP[1]-SAR[<SPAN
class=901572721-27052003>1]<SPAN
class=901572721-27052003>) <SPAN
class=901572721-27052003>;
<SPAN
class=901572721-27052003>
<SPAN
class=901572721-27052003>Bob
<SPAN
class=901572721-27052003>

<SPAN
class=901572721-27052003>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ugur Arslan
  [mailto:ugur_arslan@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 6:00
  PMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Parabolic SAR formula
  I appreciate it Bob, TS code still might help to
  understand how Wilder constructed the indicator,

  thanks,

  <BLOCKQUOTE