Re: [Metastockusers] Formuals for Metastock

Dear Debra,

I am from Rottweil, Germany.
Rottweil is halfway between Stuttgart (a bigger town in
the south of Germany) and Switzerland. The town is also called "Gate to the
Black Forrest".
I used to work for a brokerage company at the second
largest stock exchange in Germany, the Stuttgart Stock Exchange
(SSE).
There are more than 30,000 warrants and other derivative
products traded.
I lost my job because of the market situation and because
the company I used to work for took over another company (now there are only two
brokerage companies left at the SSE, when I started working there there were 5
and it was like a family).
At the whole exchange (including the exchange staff) there
used to work maybe 30-40 people.
Then one company grew bigger and bigger and bought all the
others.
But the climate changed with the growing of that big
company.
Believe me, I know that you should never say anything bad
about the company you used to work for... but it changed from a dream to a
nightmare to work there.
Some old collegues have the same opinion.
Some of the new bosses are alcohol addicted, ... so
you have to drink too to have success... and not only that... there is much much
much more bad... Please don't tell anybody that I told you this...
promised?
For example I showed at the beginning that I am good with
PCs and programming and soon I was put in the IT department aways from
trading.
Because IT professionals are rare here (especially a cheap
one like me; Imagine I earned less that EUR 1500 (after taxes) a month, like
every young trader there).
I always hoped to go back to trading, but when the
exchange moved to it's new building, I realized that that would never
happen.
I am happy that I lost my job. At first I felt very sad,
but now I feel alive again, since I can programm as hobby and study the things I
am really interested in: The markets and finance.
My failure was to go straight after school to work there
and not to university at first.

At the moment I am getting into Technical Analysis (I am
affilliate of the MTA) and studying for FRM (Financial Risk
Manager).
I am really a beginner I am nearly finished with the
famous book from Pring and Murphy.
Then I want to read the two books from Steve
Nison.
I would love to take series 7 (it is my dream to work in
the US) and some other of the exams.
For this exams you need a company which acts as a sponsor,
but I was not able to find any till now.
Do you have any idea?
I am dreaming on working on a "real" trading floor, the
NYSE, CBOT, CME or CBOE, as long as trading is not fully
computerized.
I know that the market situation is horrible, but I hope
really to find a job one day there.
If you are interested I can send you some more information
about the German equities markets and the Eurex.
What is you profession if I might ask?

Please excuse this question, I do not want to be impolite,
so please do not answer if you think that I invade your privacy...
Are you female or male, because your name sounds
female?

Best regards,

Thorsten

<BLOCKQUOTE