RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] TRADESIM PROFESSIONAL

Now
that you've made the switch (and seem happy to have done so), I suggest that you
download the AB to TradeSime conversion program that I uploaded to the
Yahoo AmiBroker site.   It's free, easy and converts AmiBroker output
to TradeSim input.  If you have any questions, let me
know.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: mleonsprint
  [mailto:mleonsprint@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 12:33
  AMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] TRADESIM PROFESSIONALAmibroker
  was worth the switch.....--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "Chuck Rademacher" <chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:> MessageYep...
  here is the Australian website of the author:>
  www.compuvision.com.au>   -----Original
  Message----->   From: Alan Dunston
  [mailto:adunston@xxxx]>   Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 12:18
  Subject: RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] TRADESIM PROFESSIONAL> >
  >   Chuck,> >   Do you have a website
  where a demo can be downloaded?> >
  R,>   Alan>     -----Original
  Message----->     From: Chuck Rademacher
  [mailto:chuck_rademacher@xxxx]>     Sent:
  Wednesday, May 21, 2003 4:33 PM>     To:
  equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     Subject: RE:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] TRADESIM PROFESSIONAL> >
  >     I really suggest that you download a demo of
  TradeSim and give it a try.> You get 15 days to try out all of the
  features before deciding to buy it.  I> just looked at the
  site and it is a bit confusing as to whether the trial> period is
  15 days or 30 days, but either should be enough.>
  >     TradeSim captures the output from MetaStock,
  so no different inputs are> required.    It is also
  possible to create text files from AmiBroker or> Excel that can be
  used as input to TradeSim.> >     Yes, the
  MCS analysis would help if only trading one stock and> reinvesting the
  profits.  I keep forgetting that aspect as it isn't my>
  primary purpose for using it.>
  -----Original Message----->       From:
  Bill Hebert
  [mailto:billhebert@xxxx]>       Sent:
  Wednesday, May 21, 2003 10:10 PM>
  To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  >       Chuck,>
  >       1) You make the comment "If you
  aren't trading a basket of stocks, I> don't think you would get the
  value out of TradeSim.">       Can you
  please explain why this is the case?>
  >       2) Is it correct that Monte Carlo
  analysis would help if I was running> only one securtiy and
  reinvesting the profit after each
  trade>       as compared to no value
  using Monte Carlo with a single security if I> traded a fixed
  amount on each trade?> >       3)
  How easy is it to take a Metastock Trading Strategy and run it in>
  TradeSim?> >       4) What are the
  different inputs you typically add above and beyong> the trading
  strategy to perrform the analysis?>
  >       I Had read the manula on TradeSim
  about six-months ago before I was> really able to understand the
  value of Monte Carlo>       and these
  area few questions that have popped up in the past six> months
  before seeing your post response.>
  >       Thanks,>
  >       Bill
  Hebert>         ----- Original
  Message ----->         From:
  Chuck Rademacher>         To:
  equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 6:50
  PM>         Subject: RE:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] TRADESIM PROFESSIONAL> >
  >         Yes, I use TradeSim
  extensively.   What MS8 (and AmiBroker too, for> that
  matter) doesn't do is show you the effect of randomizing your
  stock> selections.   TradeSim's Monte Carlo Simulation
  will let you see how> randomly selecting your buy/short signals
  would have performed.  This> assumes, of course, that your
  funds aren't sufficient to take every signal> generated by your
  trading system.   If you aren't trading a basket of>
  stocks, I don't think you would get the value out of TradeSim.>
  >         Also, the portfolio
  equity curves generated by TradeSim are a major> benefit in that
  you can see how well your entire portfolio would have done.>
  >         If you have specific
  questions about TradeSim, don't hesitate to>
  ask.>
  -----Original
  Message----->