[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Automation metastock and IB ?

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "stf" <drclic@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a software or a method to connect metastock with
IB . I
> want to make automatic trade when I have a signal in metastock.
>
> Thx in advance,
> Stf.

If you trade futures then....

Here is a way to automate Metastock with Futures Trader....
www.futures-trader.net
Futures Trader (FT) has a box labeled "contracts".
No position and it will show 0.
If long x contract it will show x.
If short x contract it will show -x.

If you use a macro program such as Macro Express www.macros.com you
can copy and store that information into a variable. You can also
check to see what the value of the variable is!

Now if your Expert (which can show all buys and sells) gives a buy,
the macro will recognize the popup window alert by the name of the
window and will run a macro defined for that specific action, in this
case a buy. The macro can then be configured to copy the "contracts"
to a variable called "contracts" and check the value of contracts.
Then the macro will do an if...if 0 it will click on Long Market,
etc. or you can enter a value in the limit box.
If contracts is >0 already long, you can either tell the macro to add
or end...no more contracts.
If <0 you are short and you can tell the macro to click on Reverse
Position! and you are long.

Very simple to setup with Metastock and Macro Express. Macro Express
is a very capable program that can do alot and is perfect for such a
simple type of trade system to automate. Works great for futures
which Futures Trader is ideal for use.

Another program which ties to IB's TWS, is wwww.dynaorder.com
The version for Metastock is due out "soon".

Good luck with your automation.

Bob

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/BefplB/TM