[Metastockusers] RE: Zig Zag Formula

Zigzag for Metastock was not created with Metastock formula language (MFL).
Metastock itself is not written in MFL of course.
The zigzag indicator adapts its behavior according to new values added
in the chart (my new article in S&C, next September deals with the subject
too).
As new values come in, it has to go back and adjust its
past plot. These back and forth movements cannot be accomplished with MFL.
So the problem is not the linear lines. The problem is the revisions.
In order to be able to handle such revisions you need at least loops.
There are no loops in MFL.
I am not sure about the specific code used for creating Zigzag for MS,
altough I can guess
the basic algorithm. But, I am sure that you can find C++ VB or Delphi
versions in various Internet sites. I also think that TradeStation's code is
open.
So if you want to re-create Zigzag for MS, then YES you CAN (by writting a
dll)
but if you want to do it WITH MFL, then sorry, you will not manage to do it.
But good luck anyway!

Spyros

Message: 3