RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] MetaStock 8.0 and Unfair Advantage Data Problems

I'm
using UA, MS8 (plus TradeStation, AmiBroker and a bunch
more).
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I'm
not having the problems you mention, but perhaps we can chat here or
offline.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Aren't
you in New Zealand?   Or am I thinking of "Ray" or someone
else?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I live
in Auckland.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: JayTownsend@xxxxxxx
  [mailto:JayTownsend@xxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 4:05
  PMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] MetaStock 8.0 and Unfair Advantage Data
  Problems<FONT lang=0
  face=Arial size=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">Hi:I am asking for feedback from
  anyone running MetaStock 8.0 or 8.01 under Windows XP and who are using CSI's
  Unfair Advantage for their data source.I have been using Unfair
  Advantage (UA) for about 4 months now and am having difficulty with the UA
  data and would like to know if anyone else is having a similar
  problem.I collect Futures data only and the corresponding cash
  data.  Within UA there are two options that you can take for data
  updates.  One is to have the program "append to files when possible" in
  which case UA opens the existing files and appends the data.  If that
  field is not checked, UA rewrites all of your files in all portfolios, even
  history files for which no data updates are made.  I have in the
  neighborhood of 500 or more files and when I choose the append option, my
  update and data distribution takes about 5 minutes on my P4 1.8 MHz Windows XP
  machine.  When I uncheck that box my update and distribution takes almost
  60 minutes.The problem I'm having is that when I use UA's "append"
  option, it starts screwing up the data in MetaStock only.  The data in
  UA's charts and displays are not affected.  One or more of the daily data
  entries are shifted either right or left, by one decimal point thereby
  screwing up the charts.  Sometimes a daily value of zero is inserted when
  in fact there are valid entries for the day.  This happens primarily in
  the cash data collected, and is cumulative.  That is, if one or two files
  are screwed up on day one, it is more than likely that three or four files
  will be screwed up by day two, and it gets even worse after that.  This
  happens primarily in my cash data but can happen in my futures data too.
  The only way to avoid this problem is to uncheck the "append" option and let
  it rewrite all files to the tune of a 60 minute process.  It's
  aggravating to say the least and UA tech support is saying I'm the only person
  on the planet who has this problem and they are running me around in
  non-solution circles.I have some questions that I would like to ask of
  the MetaStock 8.0 or 8.01 users who are using Unfair Advantage for their data
  source.1.  Do you run MetaStock 8.0 or 8.01 under Windows XP and
  use Unfair Advantage for your data source?2.  If your answer to
  #1 is yes, then are you collecting futures data?3.  Regardless of
  your answer to #2, if your answer is yes to #1, are you having any problems
  with MetaStock's reading of the Unfair Advantage data?If at all
  possible I would like to know how many people are actually running MS 8.0/01
  under Windows XP and using Unfair Advantage.  That will then help give me
  a base of understanding whether in fact I have a real problem or if it's all
  in my head, as UA tech supports implies.  If you don't wish to
  tie up the group email you can respond off list to:
  JayTownsend@xxxxxxxThanks much,JayTo
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor