Re: [Metastockusers] Metastock Formula from Equis/TA of SC Question

Okay,

Now, I copied the Implied Volatility & Volume
formula (below) into my system tester and received a few odd messages (using MS
8.0):

1)  "This formula uses a
previous variable, and will be very slow, blah blah blah ..."

2)   "Error retrieving data for
Security() function. Symbol not found in the folder Path: C:\MetaStock Data\I-L\
Symbol: .vix"

I guess I need to find a way to get ".vix" into a
folder path???

Sorry if these questions are very basic, perhaps
someone having a slow day can enlighten me?

TIA,

Doug

METASTOCK: IMPLIED VOLATILITY AND
VOLUME
In his article "Using Implied Volatility And Volume" in this issue, author
Scott Castleman includes a trading system. Here are the MetaStock formulas for
the buy and sell short orders:
Name: Buy Order
Formula:
rlen1:=29;
rlen2:=25;
lbIV:=252;
lbVol:=50;
curIV:=Security(".vix",C);
lowIV:=Security(".vix",LLV(C,lbIV));
hiIV:=Security(".vix",HHV(C,lbIV));
avVol:=Mov(V,10,S);
lowVol:=LLV(V,lbVol);
hiVol:=HHV(V,lbVol);
temp1:=If(hiIV-lowIV<>0,hiIV-lowIV, -1);
temp2:=If(hiVol-lowVol<>0,hiVol-lowVol, -1);
dllong:=If(temp1<>-1 AND temp2<>-1, Int(rlen1-(.5*rlen2*(curIV-lowIV)/temp1)+(avVol-lowVol)/temp2),PREV);
H>HHV(Ref(H,-1),LastValue(dllong+PREV-PREV))
Name: Sell Short Order
Formula:
rlen1:=29;
rlen2:=25;
lbIV:=252;
lbVol:=50;
curIV:=Security(".vix",C);
lowIV:=Security(".vix",LLV(C,lbIV));
hiIV:=Security(".vix",HHV(C,lbIV));
avVol:=Mov(V,10,S);
lowVol:=LLV(V,lbVol);
hiVol:=HHV(V,lbVol);
temp1:=If(hiIV-lowIV<>0,hiIV-lowIV, -1);
temp2:=If(hiVol-lowVol<>0,hiVol-lowVol, -1);
dlshort:=If(temp1<>-1 AND temp2<>-1, Int(rlen1-(.5*rlen2*(hiIV-curIV)/temp1)+(hiVol-avVol)/temp2),PREV);
L<LLV(Ref(L,-1),LastValue(dlshort+PREV-PREV));
--William Golson Equis International
  www.equis.com
<BLOCKQUOTE