Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] ATR indicator: moves with data displayed

In a message dated 5/16/2003 4:37:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time, mike.loveday@xxxxxx writes:

I am trialling a simple stop loss indicator:
 CLOSE-(2*ATR(5))

I find the position of the indicator relative to the bar 'changes' when i zoom in and out from the chart. It moves all over the shop in fact, with each click of the zoom. I wondered if this was something to do with minimum data displayed (affecting the range calculation), but changing these fields doesn't solve the problem.

Why don't you open the Data Window and see if the actual value changes when you zoom in or out.  That will tell you if it is the data changing or if the charting is wrong.

Jay