Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] v8 System Tester Issues and how to fix.

Tom:

I ran a couple of "before and after" system tests, with the Ref() function, as you described how to use it. I assume that it works correctly now, but I have a few questions regarding the messages Metasotck provides when you look at the list of attempted trades.

Looking at my "before" test on the Orders tab, I got two types of messages. The first is:
Considered
Placed
Cancelled-Open Cost

I assume this is the key one that the Ref() gets around?

The second message in the "before" test was:
Considered
Placed
Open
Cancelled-Position Limit

What does "Position Limit" mean?

When I modified to include the Ref() function, and the changes to Buy and Sell at Open, and set days delay to 0, both of the above messages vanished. But then I would get:

On day 1 (i.e. the first day a trade signal was received)
Considered
Placed
Open
Executed

On day 2 through day ?:
Cancelled - Zero Size

This would continue until I received a signal to sell, and then the sell would be executed correctly.

I assume this above message is because my Buy (and Sell) signals are a "> than" or "< than", and not a "cross" function, so the Buy remains in effect but I don't have any $ to buy with (since I am set to trade 100% equity)?

Thanks ever so much for all your help on this one. Any other problems with the Ver. 8 System Tester that your research has found? If so, letting us know would be greatly appreciated! Unfortunately, I now have lots of "conclusions" which have to be retested!!

Harry

Get A Free Psychic Reading!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aM1XQD/od7FAA/uetFAA/BefplB/TM