Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Question about the S & P Future

Hi Thorston:

If you are using Equis end-of-day data, you are no doubt using Reuters.

When you ask for the "exact data" I'm not sure what you are asking for.  I just tried to find the futures' codes in The Downloader V8.01, but can't locate them.  To create futures contracts with the Symbol Database it says to go into the Symbol Database dialog and then the Futures Contracts dialog.  I don't find that anywhere, but I do not use Reuters so imagine that those dialogs are only when you have the service.  I had Reuters a few months ago and know that if you go into their database you will find two different codes for the S&P 500, one for "day session only" and another one that includes the electronic.  If you are after those symbols I would suggest using the Help file to find them.

I track futures prices but personally do not track the electronic sessions because they can have some very strange out-of-bounds trades that screw up my technical indicators.  It is a matter of personal preference.  (I use Unfair Advantage from CSI for my data.)

Jay

You wrote:

Dear Jay,

Thank you for your answer.
I am subscribed to the service Equis offers for Metastock End-Of-Day, this service is called Datalink I think.
Do you have by chance any website who I can find the exact data?

Thank you again for your help.

Nice greetings from Germany :-)

Best regards,

Thorsten

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

-------- Make -AcuraAM GeneralAston MartinAudiBentleyBMWBuickCadillacChevroletChevrolet TruckChryslerDaewooDodgeDodge TruckFerrariFordFord TruckGMCGMC TruckHondaHyundaiInfinitiIsuzuJaguarJeepKiaLamborghiniLand RoverLexusLincolnLotusMazdaMazda TruckMercedes-BenzMercuryMitsubishiNissanNissan TruckOldsmobilePlymouthPontiacPorscheRolls-RoyceSaabSaturnSubaruSuzukiToyotaToyota TruckVolkswagenVolvo- Model -- Please Select a Make -Zip: