[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Fast Fourier Transform

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dsss27" <dsss27@xxxx> wrote:
> I do understand the the theory of Fourier Transforms, but I do not
> understand the nomenclature for the Fourier Transform Indicator.
> Can someone show/explain the usage of "time period" and "sample
> length"?
>
> dsss27

MetaStock has some unfortunate nomenclature.  MS use the phrase "time
period" to mean a bar. This of course is not what "time period" means
in general. A period is a *span* of time, not a point (aka bar) in
time. So be sure you differentiate between what "time period" means to
MetaStock and what it means to everybody else.

According to MS_Help:

Sample Length:  The Fourier Transform can group a number of data
values together and analyze them as a "set of sets."  For example,
selecting 5 will group the data into sets of 5 periods.  The maximum
value for the sample length is 1/4 the number of time periods loaded,
but the maximum useful sample length is around 5.

HTH,
kut2k2

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.