[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Back test

braco,

I can appreciate your frustration! One of the hardest parts of
Metastock is system testing. Don't let this or any other part of the
program get the best of you. Take your time and go slow. If it gets
too frustrating walk away for a while and come back to it later.

Let's see if we can muddle through a bit and maybe it will clear the
waters for you a bit.

First, rather than designing a system let's go with what we've got in
the program. There are a number of system test already on board so
let's start with the Equis-Bollinger Band system.

Here's what I would do. Open the system test by going into edit.
We're not going to change anything...just see what's there. Look
under each index key and see what it says. What you will be looking
for is the indicators that you will need in a chart.

Next, we will want to place those indicators that we found on a
chart. Then run a test. Now look at the results and plot this on the
chart. Try to determine why the signals occurred when they did. Make
sense of what you've found and then we'll create a test or maybe just
modify one.

Let me know how you get along. We'll go at your pace. Try to explain
what your are going through and we'll see if we can help.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, braco57t <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Preston,
> As fr you JAN why don't you stop wondering,I you don't wont to help
> people,don't come up with smart Alec remarks.
> And Andy,this has nothing to do with laziness,I went into help,it
> still didn't make sense to me,so the next thing was to ask some of
> the experience users.
> I would appreciate if you and Jay do not answewr any of my
questions
> in the future.
> Regards
> braco