Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Current Value of Indicator?

There are some shortcomings to the Data Window. For instance, if you apply
a Gann Fan to the
chart it will not tell you where the various lines are (dates or prices).

Claud

Barry Seeger wrote:

 <o:SmartTagType
 namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="time"> <o:SmartTagType
 namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="date">
   <!---style-name:"Table Normal";
	mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
	mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
	mso-style-noshow:yes;
	mso-style-parent:"";
	mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
	mso-para-margin:0cm;
	mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}

 color="navy" face="Arial" family="SANSSERIF"><span
 >Thanks <span
 class="GramE">Jay, that does get around the problem. However, I am
still puzzled/annoyed that the problem occurs
at all. Does anyone understand why it occurs and how to stop it?

 color="navy" face="Arial"><span
 >Barry

 color="navy" face="Arial"><span

 face="Tahoma"><span lang="EN-US"
 From: JayTownsend@xxxxxxx
[mailto:JayTownsend@xxxxxxx]
 Sent<span
 >: <st1:date
 month="4" day="25" year="2003"><span
 lang="EN-US" >Friday, 25 April
2003<span
 lang="EN-US" > <st1:time
 hour="11" minute="47"><span lang="EN-US"
 >11:47 AM<font
 size="2" face="Tahoma"><span lang="EN-US"

 To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock
Group] Current Value of Indicator?

 face="Times New Roman">

 face="Times New Roman">Hi Barry:

 Open the data window so that it appears on your chart.  Do this by double
clicking the Data Window icon on the tool bar, the one that looks like a telescopic
sight cross hairs.  By moving your mouse pointer to each day's data bar,
the values of all prices and indicators will be displayed in the Data Window,
including the value of the position of your pointer.  Mine shows all SAR
values, including today's.  If your data window is too small to display all
the values, grab the bottom of it with your mouse pointer and stretch it
so that there is enough space to display everything.

 Jay

 I have noticed a quirk in using the Parabolic SAR indicator, and
 also with a custom indicator I created which shows close minus
 2*ATR:  when I let the mouse arrow dwell on the graphed indicator
 for each day in turn, it shows me the value for every day except the
 most recent day. Does anyone know how I can get it to show me the
 value for the most recently plotted day? Has anyone seen the same
 problem? I use 7.2, and I'm using dots to represent these indicators.

 Thanks,

 Barry