RE: [Metastockusers] SYSTEM TEST: STOPS

think the bigger picture issue here is what the daily range of your stock
is.  I would caution against using a fixed 1/2 point your stop and
your target.  What if the normal range for your stock is 1 point?  The
system is going to stop you out unnecessarily just on a "normal" range
day.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Most
system traders gravitate towards variable stops based on the stock
itself.  Read up on the concept of ATR (average true range) as a starting
point.  Other suggestions might include using a move
below a recent low (say a 2 day low) if long, etc.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Good
Trading,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Joe
J.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: uhehs@xxxxxxxx
  [mailto:uhehs@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 9:25
  AMTo: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxx comSubject:
  [Metastockusers] SYSTEM TEST: STOPS

  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN
  >Yet
  another bit of confusing when reading the User
  Manual.
  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN
  >BREAKEVEN<SPAN
  class=EmailStyle16><SPAN
  >:<SPAN
  >  I&#8217;m going to ignore this for
  now.
  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN
  >INACTIVITY<SPAN
  class=EmailStyle16><SPAN
  >:<SPAN

  Ignore
  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN
  >MAXIMUM
  LOSS<FONT face=Arial
  color=black size=2><SPAN
  >:<SPAN
  >  I would like to specify ½ point or 50
  cents.  I&#8217;m assuming I should
  choose:
  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN
  >X<SPAN
  class=EmailStyle16><SPAN
  > Longs
  and  <SPAN
  Shorts
  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN
  >X<SPAN
  class=EmailStyle16><SPAN

  Points
  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN
  >Maximum
  Loss = .50
  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN
  >X<SPAN
  class=EmailStyle16><SPAN
  > Exit
  at Sop Price
  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN
  >CORRECT?
  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN
  >PROFIT
  TARGET and TRAILING<FONT
  face=Arial color=black size=2><SPAN
  >:<SPAN
  >  I like to let profits run with a
  trailing sell stop of ½ point increments.
  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN
  >Does
  this need to be coded in the Close Long tab of the System
  Editor.
  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN
  >Can
  someone please help with this?
  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN
  >Or, do
  I leave the PROFIT TARGET section of STOPS blank and place .50 in the Profit
  Risk of TRAILING?
  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN
  >PHEW.<SPAN
  >  Sorry I&#8217;m asking so much folks.<SPAN
  >  But this is a major intermediate
  hurdle for me to get the ball rolling for some serious testing this
  weekend.
  <FONT face=Arial color=black
  size=2><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial color=black