Re: [Metastockusers] Re: backtesting user created systems

Martin,
Moving average crossovers alone are not adequate and must be used in
conjunction with other indicators to achieve concurrence before you
act.  Typical MA of 20, 50 and 200 are used for short term,
intermediate term and long term respectively, so it all depends on
investors interest. These MAs are lagging indicators and would not alone
help spotting death crosses or golden crosses, however, it does help you
to visualize current trend position. Bearing in mind that no one
indicator works best for all securities as each security has its own
personalities, so we need to find indicators that could optimize
performance. OBV is quite interesting as it seems to help identify
trend.
Are you trading the option CATEJ.X which you claimed that it is up 40%,
congratulation if you do. Btw, are you using any tools to identify this
potential money making option, was it through the use of
Metastock.
Best Regards
Freddie Ng