RE: [Metastockusers] Re: EXPLORER

To answer your last question, a more
logical approach to this is to develop a trading idea and to test it via the
system tester.  Once you have something that you feel is a tradable system,
then you program it into the Explorer so that you can find those same types of
set-ups, in your case, on an end of day basis.

You can then use the
Expert part of MS to monitor your trades for things like trailing stops, profit
targets, exit signals, etc. if you want
to.

As for things I would add or delete
to the Exploration, I would first start by plotting each indicator out
on several <SPAN
class=173222123-24042003>different charts<SPAN
class=173222123-24042003>.  You are going to want to
fully understand what that indicator
is supposed to be doing.  What
are its strengths and weaknesses?  Once I did that, I would see if
it made sense for the type of system I was designing.

It is sort of like if you were
designing and building a sled to slide down a mountain of snow.  You
wouldn't include wheels in your design would you?  First decide what you
are trying to do.  Are you trading break-outs, trend-following,
counter-trends, pullbacks, etc.?  Then find indicators that help locate
those types of
situations.

Good
Trading,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Joe
J.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: uhehs@xxxxxxxx
  [mailto:uhehs@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 11:45
  AMTo: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
  [Metastockusers] Re: EXPLORER

  <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2><SPAN
  >I plan
  on spending LONG hours over the next few
  weeks.
  <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2><SPAN
  >Anything
  you would add/delete to this Exploration, and
  why?
  <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2><SPAN
  >Do
  most people find their stocks using some type of explorer like this or am I
  totally off base?
  <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2><SPAN

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor