[Metastockusers] Exploration RSI(14) Problems

Hi fellow Metastock Users,

am having all sorts of problems with what I would have thought was a straight
forward exploration, which means that I must be doing something very silly
although I cannot see what it is.

am trying to identify shares that have crossed back above the RSI (14) 30 level
within the past 5 trading days. I am using Metastock 7.2 on Australian EOD
share data and my Exploration formula is:

Alert
(Cross (RSI (14), 30), 5)

My
problem is that I am capturing shares and warrants and options etc which have not
crossed 30 within the time stipulated i.e. they have always been above 30
during the past 5 trading days. An example is Qantas which I think last crossed
30 on <font size=2
 face=Arial>28 February 2003<font
size=2 face=Arial>.

have tried Alert (Cross (RSI(C, 14), 30), 5) but it does not seem to make any
difference.

would be very grateful for any advice and/or suggestions. Also is there anyway
of eliminating warrants and options, thus capturing equities only? In the
Australian market, equity codes have 3 character symbols and derivatives have
4+ characters.

At
the end of the day what I am trying to achieve is to shortlist equities only
(not derivatives) which have crossed back over RSI (14) 30 OR have generated a MACD
() buy signal within the last 5 trading days (not the last 5 days the shares
may have traded) and desirably to list equities that have met both criteria
within 3 or 4 days of each other.

Finally,
and I appreciate that I am seeking help on a number of issues, but is there any
way of ensuring that Metastock uses today&#8217;s date rather than the last
date traded when employing the Reference function?

would be very really grateful for advice on any of the points raised above.

Thank
You, Kevin Howard

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor