RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: data from the net

I use
MLDownloader (<A
href="">http://www.trading-tools.com/mld.htm).
$45 if I remember rightly, downloads current day's quotes and historical data
for all stocks on Yahoo's server.  Also does real-time for US &
Canadian stocks from quote.com, but I haven't tried that.  I just use it to
keep EOD UK data up to date in Metastock.  Works a treat
:-)
<SPAN
class=455130316-22042003>
figured, I could probably develop my own solution to dl from Yahoo, in fact I
was half way to programming one using AutoIt and a command-line utility that
grabs web pages, but it took too long and I thought my time was worth more than
$45.  As a one off payment for a lifetime's worth of EOD stock data (well
for as long as Yahoo provides it anyway), I thought it was worth
it.
<SPAN
class=455130316-22042003>
<SPAN
class=455130316-22042003>Brendan
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: dan damyanoff
  [mailto:itrade@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: 22 April 2003
  15:51To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: data from the net

  <SPAN
  >Sorry,<SPAN
  >  I live in the
  <SPAN
  >US<FONT
  color=navy>. <SPAN
  > I was told to use Prophet, but found no
  real difference between Yahoo and Prophet.
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Trading overseas is quite another
  story.