[Metastockusers] the read me file for Version 8.01 and the fixes

MetaStock Professional

Version 8.01

February 13, 2003

* New System Requirements:

Minimum Configuration
•	Windows 98/ME/NT4.0 (Service Pack 6a or higher)/2000(Service
Pack 1 or higher)/XP
•	Pentium III processor
•	64 MB RAM
•	60 MB Hard Disk Space
•	CD-ROM drive
•	Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256
colors
•	Microsoft Internet Explorer 6
•	A real-time data feed compatible with MetaStock Pro

Minimum Configuration for Real-time Data Collection
•	Windows 98/ME/NT4.0 (Service Pack 6a or higher)/2000(Service
Pack 1 or higher)/XP
•	Pentium III processor
•	64 MB RAM
•	160 MB hard disk space
•	CD-ROM drive
•	Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256
colors
•	Microsoft Internet Explorer 6
•	A real-time data feed compatible with MetaStock Pro
Recommended Configuration
•	Windows ME/NT (4.0 Service Pack 6a or higher)/2000(Service
Pack 1 or higher)/XP
•	Pentium III processor
•	256 MB RAM
•	60 MB hard disk space (an additional 400 MB for real-time
data and System Testing Reports)
•	CD-ROM drive
•	Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256
colors
•	Microsoft Media Player 7.1 (for Expert video display)
•	Microsoft Internet Explorer 6
•	A real-time data feed compatible with MetaStock Pro
•	Modem or Internet connection
•	Mouse or compatible pointing device
•	Reuters DataLink
•	MAPI Mail compliant program

The following issues have been fixed in version 8.01:

* Older MSJet files causing crashes in the Enhanced System Tester.
* Enhanced System Tester not reversing trades when delay is set.
* Enhanced System Tester not saving deletion of an optimization.
* Enhanced System Tester optimization min and max settings cannot be
the same.
* Profit/Loss Index calculating incorrectly.
* Optimized system tests with a step value of 0 (imported from
earlier versions of MetaStock) crashing the Enhanced System Tester.
* Optimized system tests displaying Minimum and Maximum values < 1
improperly.
* Optimized system tests not warning you when the optimization
values are not set.
* Percent sign appears when slippage values are displayed in points.
* You cannot print Enhanced System Tester formulas.
* Expert Advisor accesses the hard drive excessively.
* Enhanced System Tester unable to test compressed local data.
* MSX Formula DLL's do not import properly.
* Windows XP themes not supported properly.
* PP+(Demo) names unclear (changed to PP(Dow 30).
* Occasional errors in PowerPivots formula calculations.
* Tool Tips missing for color palette and system tester buttons.
* In Windows XP, MetaStock not saving changes to the "view" options.
* Favorites list deleted upon MetaStock crash.
* Occasional problems with MSJET installation during setup.
* Occasional connection problems with QCharts.
* Stale data notification not displaying properly.
* "p" variable no longer works with Enhanced System Tester.
(Security function now enabled in EOD version.)
* Unable to change a security's symbol when it resides in a folder
containing 6,000 securities.
* Online explorations giving different results as local explorations.
* Inaccurate account variations in simulation report.
* Stop values containing decimal amounts are rounded to the nearest
whole number.
* "Good Until Cancelled" stop orders are executed multiple times.
* Enhanced System Tester not testing on most recent date for
securities saved in the Favorites list.
* Users with FAT32 systems unable to run system tests that generate
more than 20,000 reports. Can now run more than 1,000,000.
* Trailing Profit stop calculates on total equity instead of trade
profit.
* Automatic Stock Split not enabled for Reuters DataLink.
* Linear Regression indicator calculating incorrectly

This upgrade went smoothly. I will still have to go through it with
a fine tooth comb though. will report any bugs later.

When I tried to export my old formulas I ran into an error from
formula org .exe caused when the system tester crashed when I tried
to clean up old system tests. I couldn't backup my old files so I
went ahead and installed the upgrade anyway. I would have cursed
Equis from CT to Utah and back if I had lost my formulas.

Rent DVDs Online-No late fees! Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YKLNcC/oEZFAA/i5gGAA/zMEolB/TM