  >From:
  Anthony Faragasso

  To: <A
  href=""
  title=equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 12:45
  PM
  Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re:
  Bollinger Bands
  Keith, 2 = 97.72 % 2.053 = 98 %
  3 = 99.86 % Hope this helps Anthony
  -------Original Message------- From: <A
  href="">equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Date: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 22:28:12 To: <A
  href="">equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Bollinger Bands Hi Anthony,
  this was the type of thing i was looking for, but it doesn'tseem to be a
  "straight line " formula as  beween 70% & 80%=.3172Stdev diff
  ,while between 80% & 90% it is ..4398Stdev diff?  could
  you tell me the Stdev for 98%  please and also what 2 Stdev and
  3Stdev are as a comparison. thanks    Keith
  ----- Original Message ----- From: Anthony Faragasso To:
  equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 11:35 PM
  Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Bollinger Bands 1.645
  = 95% ... 1.2815 = 90% ...  1 = 84.13%  ,  .8417 = 80%
    .6745 = 75%  ,   .5245 = 70%  ,  .3854
  = 65%  ,   .2534 = 60%   .1256 = 55%
  ,   .0251 = 51%  ,  .0001 = 50% -------Original
  Message------- From: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Date: Monday,
  April 07, 2003 08:56:16 To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Bollinger Bands HI Roy & Chuck, thanks
  for the replies,  you're right, that wasn't the problem,my fault- I
  didn't explain it properly ..  the problem is not how to make a BB
  formula but how to put an exact Stdev in the fomula and know what it will
  do. say I want a Bollinger Band to contain 90% of price action, is this
  2Stdev(no),   1.883 Stdev , don't know ?  if I had the
  formula how it's constructed, I could tailor a BB  to suit, by trial
  & error, and know that the result is statictically accurate( i hope?)
  i think from memory 1Stdev is about 67%, 2Stdev about 96% and 3Stdev
  about 99%, but the old memory isn't as good as it was ! Roy, i
  didn't think to check the help file first, sorry, i'll do so tonight.I
  hope this explanation is better. thanks  keith -----
  Original Message ----- From: Chuck Rademacher To:
  equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2003 4:11 PM
  Subject: RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Bollinger Bands Roy...
  Some times it's very difficult to ascertain the real
  question.   That's why I phrased my reply as a
  question.   I'm sure that you already know how to use the
  built-in functions as well as how to calculate them yourself. I have
  read the original email several times and there is yet another answer that
  we both could have missed.   If you take the original question
  literally, the answer would be something like: Stdev(bbandtop(
  close, 10, S, 2 ),10) But, somehow, I don't think that is what is
  wanted either. So... Keith... I hope that one of us has answered your
  question.  If not, we are all too happy to help once we understand
  what it is that you want to do. -----Original Message----- From:
  Roy Larsen [mailto:rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2003
  12:53 AM To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Bollinger Bands Chuck The
  question I read was about "how to calculate the Stdev of Bollinger Bands".
  Having been through the process of needing and working out the underlying
  calculation, as opposed to the canned version syntax, I made the possibly
  wrong assumption that Keith also wanted the same information. I guess it
  depends on what question Keith was really asking. Roy
  ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Rademacher"
  <chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx> To:
  <equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2003 5:39
  PM Subject: RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Bollinger Bands
  > Am I missing something here?  Why would you simply say:
  > >     Stdev(Close,10);
  >   -----Original Message----- >   From: Roy
  Larsen [mailto:rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] >   Sent: Sunday,
  April 06, 2003 12:32 AM >   To:
  equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >   Subject: Re:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Bollinger Bands > >
  >   Keith > >   Here's a formula for
  a 10 period Standard Deviation. It's not perfect but >
  it's the best I can come up with for the moment. You'll need to adapt for
  >   your own needs. > >
  {Standard Deviation 10 periods} >   M:=Mov(C,10,S);
  >   X:=Power(M-C,2)+Power(M-Ref(C,-1),2)+
  >   Power(M-Ref(C,-2),2)+Power(M-Ref(C,-3),2)+
  >   Power(M-Ref(C,-4),2)+Power(M-Ref(C,-5),2)+
  >   Power(M-Ref(C,-6),2)+Power(M-Ref(C,-7),2)+
  >   Power(M-Ref(C,-8),2)+Power(M-Ref(C,-9),2);
  >   Y:=Sqrt(X/10); Y; > >   Roy
  how to calculate the Stdev of >   Bollinger Bands please.
  >   from memory, i think 2 stdev is about 96% and 3 stdev is
  about 98-99% of> the >   range of the set
  parameter.  does anyone know the formula to calculate it > ?
  > >   thanks  keith > >
  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT To
  unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
  Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. To
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor