[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Bollinger Bands

HI Roy & Chuck, thanks for the replies,
you're right, that wasn't the problem,my fault- I didn't explain it properly
.  the problem is not how to make a BB formula but how to put an exact
Stdev in the fomula and know what it will do.
say I want a Bollinger Band to contain 90% of price
action, is this 2Stdev(no),
  1.883 Stdev , don't know
?
if I had the formula how it's constructed, I could
tailor a BB  to suit, by trial & error, and know that the result is
statictically accurate( i hope?)

i think from memory 1Stdev is about 67%, 2Stdev
about 96% and 3Stdev about 99%, but
the old memory isn't as good as it was
!

Roy, i didn't think to check the help file first,
sorry, i'll do so tonight.
I hope this explanation is better.

thanks  keith

<BLOCKQUOTE