Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: macd

thank you very much preston.
the idea behind the indicators is following: I can go long only, there is an indicator for the buying signal - this I have worked out to my content, the entry signals are perfect and there is a stop loss.
now the big question is where to realize profits (80 percent of the entries are followed by an upswing tested back to January 1999)
the system should first check if there is a present uptrend or not. if there's no trend, i want to add a trailing stop (I would prefer a latch using mov and shifted movs, but I can't overcome the programming problems)
if there is a trend, then I want to exit when the trend breaks, which happens when the macd of the williams crosses the signal line downwards. I would like not to look for the exit points by hand - it's really time consuming - but to use metastocks power with the right formula.
I'll go ahead step by step, thank you for the help
jopr
 pumrysh <no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
jopr,To correct your formula, it should be:A:=mov(willr(37),13,e); B:=mov(A,13,e);((dx(20)>=20) AND (cross(B,A)))I made an indicator out of the MA and Williams so that I could plot it by itself. The indicator is:A:=mov(willr(37),13,e); B:=mov(A,13,e);A;B;Then I plotted a DX(20) in another window on the chart. From the looks of it I believe you need to rethink the use of these indicators. Looking at them individually this way its easy to see that the A and B indicator works well. The DX(20) does not. Maybe longer time frames would help. Also consider whether you need the cross event to occur or just A to be > than B.Hope this helps!PrestonBTW: Let us know how it works out.--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Johannes Pressler wrote:> > Dear Preston,> I have tried to solve the problem as follows:> A:=mov(willr(37),13,e); B:=mov(A,13,e);> ((dx(20)A>=20) AND (cross(B,A)))> anyway, the signals I receive are wrong, as everytime I get a buy signal the sell signal follows suit.> I still have a problem how to put the sell order so that only if the trend indicator shows the market is trending the system displays a sell signal if the second (MACD over the williams) condition appears. if not, there is a trailing stop which should be out of order in a trending market.> > > pumrysh wrote:jopr,> > It is best to post the exact code that you are trying to use.> > MACD and Williams should be viewed seperately. They are powerful > technical analysis tools when used correctly on an individual basis. > It is possible to combine the two and gain an edge in some cases. > Generally, a MACD or Williams and a trigger(simple moving average) > will give exceptional signals.> > Again, post your complete code.> > Preston> > > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Johannes Pressler > wrote:> > > > dear metastock users,> > > > I try to program an exit signal using the macd over a williams i.e. > if the solid line crosses under the signal line then an exit signal > should be activated.> > > > all this should only happen if the DX is above 25 (=trend)> > > > if not, a trailing stop should be used to exit the trade> > > > if (dx(nr.of days)>25) AND (cross(mov(macd(willr(nr.of days)))), > macd(willr(nr. of days)), exit, trailing stop)> > > > it doesn't work at all:> > > > 1) no acceptance for (dx(nr.of days)>25)> > > > 2) no acceptance for the macd on the williams, do I have to split > it into two mov s?> > > > 3) didn't arrive at the exit, trailing stop problem so far, but I > have the feeling there will be one.> > > > many thanks in advance for everyone who tries to help.> > > > happy trading> > > > jopr------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/BefplB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ Gesendet von http://mail.yahoo.de.
Das DiBa-Tagesgeldkonto: 3,5% Zinsen ab dem ersten Euro +Tankgutschein nur noch bis 31.03. Lassen Sie Ihr Geld arbeiten! Beitäglicher Verfügbarkeit und kostenloser Kontoführung.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor