[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: macd

jopr,

To correct your formula, it should be:

A:=mov(willr(37),13,e); B:=mov(A,13,e);
((dx(20)>=20) AND (cross(B,A)))

I made an indicator out of the MA and Williams so that I could plot
it by itself. The indicator is:

A:=mov(willr(37),13,e); B:=mov(A,13,e);
A;B;

Then I plotted a DX(20) in another window on the chart.

>From the looks of it I believe you need to rethink the use of these
indicators. Looking at them individually this way its easy to see
that the A and B indicator works well. The DX(20) does not. Maybe
longer time frames would help. Also consider whether you need the
cross event to occur or just A to be > than B.

Hope this helps!

Preston

BTW: Let us know how it works out.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Johannes Pressler
<jopr2003@xxxx> wrote:

> Dear Preston,
> I have tried to solve the problem as follows:
> A:=mov(willr(37),13,e); B:=mov(A,13,e);
> ((dx(20)A>=20) AND (cross(B,A)))
> anyway, the signals I receive are wrong, as everytime I get a buy
signal the sell signal follows suit.
> I still have a problem how to put the sell order so that only if
the trend indicator shows the market is trending the system displays
a sell signal if the second (MACD over the williams) condition
appears. if not, there is a trailing stop which should be out of
order in a trending market.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/BefplB/TM