RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] mass renaming data files

must admit that it has been over a year since I've used this renaming utility
but probably have details of other similar apps on file; if you don't have any
luck finding something suitable then let me know and I'll dig out the links for
you.
<FONT face=Verdana color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Verdana color=#0000ff
size=2>Regards,
<FONT face=Verdana color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Verdana color=#0000ff
size=2>Ash
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Nicolás Leupold
  [mailto:nleupold@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: 30 March 2003
  15:09To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] mass renaming data filesLiu,
  AshI have the same problem, google under "rename" as I remember to
  have had asoft named like that in my older HD, that
  crashed.Brought back the following (there were a way more results,
  just the firstthree ones)<A
  href="">http://www.1-4a.com/<A
  href="">http://www.jimwillsher.co.uk/Site/Software/BRU_Intro.html<A
  href="">http://www.evan.org/Software/Rename.htmlHaven´t
  checked them yet, and did not find the one I used, yet this shouldhelp
  you.Good Luck.Nicolas-----Mensaje original-----De:
  kunfliu [mailto:no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Enviado el: Domingo, 30 de Marzo
  de 2003 09:59 a.m.Para: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAsunto: Re:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] mass renaming data filesHello
  Ash,At "<A
  href="">http://download.com.com/3000-2248-4451388.html?legacy=cnet";
  itdisplay "This title is no longer available!"I searched with
  "Google" to try on other web sites; the results arethe
  same.Liu--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ash
  Sharma" <ash@xxxx> wrote:> Hello Mark,>> If you are
  looking to rename Windows files en masse, take a look atPowerRen>
  in> the past and have found it to be incredibly useful for bulk
  filealteration> tasks. Amongst other things, it will allow you to
  easily prefix pre-existing> files with any character(s) you
  wish.>> Don't know how much use this is to you!>>
  Message----->   From: Mark
  [mailto:mbb@xxxx]>   Sent: 28 March 2003
  20:14>   To: Equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  Com>   Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] mass renaming data
  files>>>   having changed data supplier I now
  have several thousand filesthat need>   renaming &
  merging with the new suppliers format ie for hong kongthe
  old>   name format was 0001 0005 0012 etc whereas the new one
  is HK0001HK0005>   HK0012 etc & the new files contain
  less historical data s I needto merge>   the old
  ones.>>   Qestion is;>>   does
  anyone know of an automatic means of doing these 2
  tasks?>>   Thanks &
  Regards,>>   Mark Berger>
  mbb@xxxxTo unsubscribe from this group, send an email
  Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A