RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Dividing one stock price MA by another

How
about creating yet another inter-window and put the stuff you don't need to see
but need for the computations in there?  You can then shrink that window
down to just a bar (just click and drag it).  That way only the
indicator you need scaled correctly shows up in the inter-window you are
viewing.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Good
Trading,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Joe
J.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: bex1210
  [mailto:hmw3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 9:15
  AMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Dividing one stock price MA by
  anotherJoe J:My success was short lived! In
  my previous post to you, I included:"This exercise even taught me how
  to create "invisible" plots and rescale the Y-axis for my indicator [since my
  indicator varies from 0 to 2, and the "P" plot is about 2000-5000.]"I
  rescaled the Y-axis as above, deleting all of the "checks" [so is in a manual
  mode], and saved it as a chart. However, when I reopen, the Y-axis has been
  automagically rescaled to a range much wider than either the indicator or the
  "P" plot. It will not allow me to make any changes! So I deleted the inner
  window, and recreated it again. Same results; I can create it and save it, but
  when I reopen, the Y-axis is rescaled.Any suggestions? It doesn't mean
  much to be looking for a value of 2 on a scale of 5000! Also, making it an
  overlay without a scale looses the quick visual
  effect.Harry--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "Joe J." <jojab@xxxx> wrote:> Harry,> > Yes.
  First plot the first security (or composite) that you want.  Then open a
  new chart with the second security (or composite) that you want.  Drag
  that second security (copy and then paste) over to a new inter window in the
  screen with the first security.> > Create a custom indicator as
  indicated below.  When plotting this custom indicator, make sure that you
  drag and drop it on top of the second security (make sure that is
  highlighted).  Also, read up on the "P" variable so you understand what
  this is doing.> > Mov(C,10,S)/Mov(P,10,S)  {this is for a
  simple moving ave}> > I just tried this and confirmed it does
  work.> > Good Trading,> > Joe J.> >