Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] indicator that starts from a specified date

Shaun

On seeing your code I think the HighestSince() function is more appropriate.
The type of indicator shown below is very limited because it can only trail
one trade. I think a better approach is to have a trail that either "resets"
at the beginning of each new trade, or when the trailing stop is breached.
The "multiple use" approach is a must if you intend back-testing at some
point.

D:=Input("Start day"  ,1,31,12);
M:=Input("Start month",1,12,8);
Y:=Input("Start year" ,1980,2003,2002);
A:=DayOfMonth()=D AND Month()=M AND Year()=Y;
HighestSince(1,A,L*.95);

Here's something that's a little more complex but should give you something
to think about.Once you learn how this works you'll be in a position to
adapt it for your own requirements. Have fun.

  {Trailing Stop Example}
N:=Fml("Your Entry");
X:=Fml("Your Exit"); {independent exit}
Tr:=If(PREV=0,If(N,C,0), If(X {normal exit} OR
  C<HighestSince(1,PREV=0,L*0.95), {stop loss}
  0,PREV));
Xb:=If(Tr=0 AND Alert(Tr>0,2),C,0);{exit bar}
Trail:=If(Alert(Tr>0,2),HighestSince(1,Alert(Tr>0,2)=0,L*0.95),0);
Tr; Trail; Xb {or Xb>0 for binary signal};

Roy