Re: [Metastockusers] More Thoughts On The 4MACD Strategy

Hello,

The formula that you have shown is the one that I use. I omitted to add
the decimal point in my example - strictly speaking, it should read
"So, if you are using, say, a seven period LR slope,
look for a nice, fat > .45?? R2 for confirmation".

I would not describe R2 as an oscillator per se. It is not
bound between 0 and 1 so much as 0 and 1 represent the extreme values. 0
would indicate that the price action around the LR plot is totally random
and that there is no trend in place. A value of 1 would indicate a
perfect correlation with the LR plot and so, if the LR slope is indicates
a trend, it provides confirmation that the trend is actually in
place.

Regards,
Kevin