[Metastockusers] Re: Securites by Group

Doug,
I followed up by looking at the S&P website and started moving some
of my stocks over into industry folders based on GICS.
I don't feel I need the entire universe, only symbols with reasonable
volume - most likely S&P500.
I also looked at the resolution of GICS and struggled with how far to
go.  I think there were 10 sectors, then 26 industry groups followed
by 50 something industries and 100 something sub-industries.
I settled on the industry group level.

I'm still working on it.

Sean

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Conwell <conwell@xxxx> wrote:
> I followed this thread and it stopped with the GIC's developed by
S&P.  I too
> would like to re-group my securities according to classification.
The one
> that I was really interested in was the system used by Investors
Business