[Metastockusers] Re: Sector trading

Thanks for your thoughts.
The timeframe I was thinking of was of the order of a few weeks but
testing should determine that.
I have EOD 7.21 and the dev kit (have written my own system tester).
I'm going to be backtesting all these ideas first.

Volume on some of these sector ETF's could be a problem.

An alternative I had considered was to take the strongest performing
stock (or 2) from the strongest performing industry (out of say the
S&P500).

You're suggesting an MA of the sector itself and the current price
moving above this MA with the strongest momentum.  That's certainly
easier to calculate that using relative measurements (relative to say
SPY).  Did you have a momentum strength indicator in mind?

Thanks,
Sean

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Arsk0jn@xxxx wrote:
> Hi Sean,
> I been trading for over 48 years. Here are my thoughts:
> Not knowing the trading time period you are looking for; i.e. days,
week,
> months etc., here is sonething I would look at:
> I would use something like a 50-day moving average (MA) and trade
the sector
> that moves above the 50-day MA with the strongest momentum.
Likewise for the