Re: [Metastockusers] Sector trading

Hi Sean,
I been trading for over 48 years. Here are my thoughts:
Not knowing the trading time period you are looking for; i.e. days, week, months etc., here is sonething I would look at:
I would use something like a 50-day moving average (MA) and trade the sector that moves above the 50-day MA with the strongest momentum. Likewise for the shorts; select the sector that moves below the 50-day MA with the strongest downside momentum. A stop at the 50-day MA after it has moved at least 8% away from it looks about right to me. Particularily on the down side, you want to trade a sector with good volume; (so you don't have any problems getting your trades executed.)
Don't trade this approach just on my word. Take a look at it and try it on paper for a while to see what you think.
Good trading,
Joe Nemecek

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor