Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Expert Symbol/Alert problem

Gordon, Harry, Chuck,

Cross() and Ref() functions both add another N/A count to any formula in
which they are used. A 40 period EMA will force any code it is used with to
have 40 N/A bars, that is, bars that produce no output signal. Using Cross()
or Ref() will make that 41 bars, and each use of the same functions in a
formula is cumulative. Very quickly you can deny yourself access to another
week of data at the left side of the chart. Often this is no big deal, but
it is a big deal if you want to back test as accurately as possible.

The solution is to use the Alert() function wherever possible instead. Check
it out.

a:=C>=Mov(C,40,E);
a AND Alert(a=0,2);

Roy

> Thanks for the suggestion. Works fine---but I decided to implement the
Cross feature that Chuck suggested, because it is easier for me to
remember,at my age.