Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] help with barsSince

Roy,

I've been reading a file in pdf format, not easy for begginers. You are the
author "Using latches in MS"?
I have to redefine the binary latch to outcomes of -1 and 1, instead of 0
and 1 as you pointed out before.
But I tried in a different way, without changing the binary latch but it
does no work:

{draws resistances and supports}
LookBack := 34;

Resistance :=ValueWhen(1,Cross(Mov(C, LookBack,S),C),HHV(H, LookBack));

Support :=ValueWhen(1,Cross(C,Mov(C, LookBack,S)),LLV(L, LookBack));

R1:=Resistance;

S1:=Support;

{binary latch, gives 1 if L>Resistance, and resets if H<Resistance to 0}

sigtl:=If(L>R1,1,0);

rsttl:=If(H<R1,1,0);

itl:=Cum(sigtl+rsttl>-1)=1;

rmbtl:=BarsSince(sigtl OR itl)<BarsSince(rsttl OR itl);

 {looks for HHV since L>Resistance to place a trailing stop}

all:=If(rmbtl=0,-1,l);

stlongl:= If(all=-1,0, If(HHV(H,LastValue(PREV+
BarsSince(all=-1)-PREV))-ATR(6)*0.5<C,1,0));

stlongl;