RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] How to optimize trailing stops?

Yes,
just put the formula in the exit long box.  MS knows that if you are
in a trade on the long side, to exit if that sell condition is met.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Good
Trading,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Joe
J.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Chuck Rademacher
  [mailto:chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003
  3:28 PMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] How to optimize trailing stops?
  would like to optimize trailing stops.  I have one system, one set of
  parameters across 7,000 stocks using MS 8.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  The
  built-in trailing stop methodology doesnt (appear to) lend itself to
  optimizing.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Therefore, I would like to do my own in the "sell"
  statement.   I can pretty well imagine how to do most of the logic,
  but I don't know how to tell that I'm in a trade.  Perhaps I don't
  care?   Perhaps I should just go ahead and calculate the trailing
  stop as a sell.  If I'm in a trade, it will exit.  If I'm not in a
  trade, it probably doesn't even get calculated.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  feel like I want to say "if in a trade, exit on my calculated trailing
  stop".    Perhaps the "sell" statement has the first part of
  that already built-in?    I'm too much of a procedural
  programmer to see the light in MetaStock sometimes.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  Any
  comments?    Joe?To