Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Plotting an Indicator one day ahead

Frank

This is NOT a simple thing to do. In fact it can't be done without adding
dummy data as far as I am aware. Your forward referenced indicator will in
fact stop one bar short of the last bar, and if you use a minus reference it
still will not project beyond the last bar of existing data.

One possible solution, not viable for most MS users, is to re-date the
current bar of data and then reload as dummy future data.

If what you are trying to do is simply use an indicator that is delayed by
one bar and you cannot display the last value of the indicator (for
tomorrow) there is a simple trick that can be used to show you what the
value will be once future data is loaded. The following indicator is using a
20 day SMA as the signal but your custom indicator can be used just as
easily. I realize that neither signal runs into the future but the 5 bar
horizontal line tells you what the future value will be.

  {Displace Indicator Forward}
Signal:=Mov(C,20,S);
Dsp:=Input("Displacement Periods",1,250,1);
Pds:=Input("LastValue Periods",1,250,5);
LastBar:=LastValue(Cum(1)-(Pds-1))=Cum(1);
ValueWhen(1,LastBar,LastValue(Signal));
Ref(Signal,-Dsp);

Roy