RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re:Comparative RS Indicators

Hi
Roy/Harvey,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Many
thanks to both of you for your respective helpful
suggestions.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Roy, I
will keep my fingers crossed that Equis International will include the
Security() function in the next Update of Metastock V8 (EOD). In the meantime,
perhaps I can take a rain check on your kind offer of more details concerning a
DLL that you have developed - if Equis don't come up with the
goods!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Harvey, thanks for the link to the Equis International Frequently Asked
Questions Page - I will follow their instructions to create a Comparative RS.
There is some interesting stuff to explore in this FAQ area of the Equis
site.

<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>Regards,
<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>
Gordon
Sutherland

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Gordon
  Sutherland [mailto:gosuth@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, 18 February
  2003 5:23 p.m.To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Re:Comparative RS Indicators
  I am running
  Metastock EOD Version 8 and am doing some analysis using Comparative Relative
  Strength (Stock v Group Index).
  I have set-up my
  folders so that all the stocks are in the respective directory named
  after the GICS Group that they relate to.
  I have duplicated Explorations such that there is one
  for each GICS Group and saved the appropriate stocks in each
  Exploration by using the Save as a Favourite feature. This
  works great but... it would be really nice to then be able to open the charts
  with a default template which shows the relative strength. Apart from
  setting-up heaps of Composite Files, is there any way to create such an
  indicator that can be charted? I believe there is a function called Security()
  which may have done the job but it is not yet available in Version 8 (to my
  knowledge anyway). Any solutions or workarounds would be much
  appreciated.
  <SPAN
  class=811240404-18022003>
  For what it is
  worth, I am using the following basic Code in one of the Explorations Columns
  (with a liquidity Filter). Again, any suggestions of how to improve this Code
  would be welcome.
  <SPAN
  class=811240404-18022003>

  ROC(Mov((C/P),13,S),1,%)   (sourced this code from <A
  href="">www.tradingxl.com.au
  )

  <FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
  size=5>Regards,
  <FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
  size=5>
  Gordon
  Sutherland
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour