Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Converting to fewer file folders/directories

Richard:

That would be great! Perhaps there could be a variable in your formula
that allows us to set the number of stocks to be placed in the new
folder.

I also have a large number of mutual funds with a different prefix
than Metastock uses (for example, FSDAX is the "normal" fund
designation; but Metastock uses #FSDAX). I sure could use another
utility which would add the # prefix to all of my funds, so I could
transfer them. I don't want to do this manually either.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Harry

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Richard Dale" <richard@xxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Harry,

> Metastock v8 supports 6000 stocks per folder.  Metastock 6.5-7.2
supports

> 2000 stocks per folder.  Older versions of Metastock support 255
stocks per

> folder.

> As you have found out, using the Downloader, you can't click the
"Traverse

> Source Folders" when you convert FROM a Metastock format.

> I'll see if we can create a utility to do this for you - simply by
saying

> "convert this tree struture into a single folder (with under 6000
stocks in

> there)"

> Best regards,

> Richard Dale

> Norgate Investor Services

> - Premium Quality Stock & Futures Data covering Australia, Singapore
and US