Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Enhanced System Tester Questions

>> Joe:  I have never worked with mutual fund data so I haven't run into this.  However, I'm not sure why you would want the weekly open to pick up the CLOSE on Monday anyway?  The weekly open is the first price that it traded for the week, not the close on Monday.  Since mutual fund data does not post a "true open", why try to force something in there?  Same is true for the monthly.<<

OPEN may be somewhat of a misnomer. What I need is the price from the FIRST trading day of the week (or month). When Metastock just reports High, Low, Close, and you calculate weekly (or monthly) prices, you may or may not get a price from that first day, depending on what day the high or low were. If the data is set up just like stocks, with an Open column also, then you always get the Monday price.

I was able to get it to work, by brute force. I was using data from the Metastock CD. When that data is Copied to The Downloader, you are not asked what format you want. Apparently it is saved on the CD with just High, Low, Close. I had to open each fund's data window individually, "check" Opening Prices, and then save. Then everything works as it should.

There must be a way for the user to change the format of what is Copied from the CD to a hard drive, but I can't find it!

> Joe:  My guess is that most of us have set our emails on HTML (the one I'm writing from currently does not happen to be set on HTML so it will probably turn out like yours).  See if you can change yours to HTML.<<

If you mean the setting on the Yahoo Membership form, I changed it before I am answering this message. Let's see what happens.

Harry