Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Can you use multiple securities in an indicator?

I only have the regular version of MS 8, not professional.  Does
this mean I can access the security function?  I have professional
vs 7, would that help?

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe J." <jojab@xxxx> wrote:
> If you have it in your MS version, the Security() funtion can be
used to
> call up another issue's price data.  You can then reference this
in any
> formula (i.e., a moving ave cross).
>
> As far as importing the PE series, are you planning on doing this
in RT
> or are you talking strickly for backtesting purposes?
>
> Good Trading,
>
> Joe J.

securities
> in an indicator?
>
> Is there a way to build an indicator/system where the buy/sell of
> one security is dependent on another security?  For example, buy
> stock A when Stock B's crosses through its moving average.  The
> ultimate goal is to set up a pair trade program using P/E
> differences.  I would need the indicator/system to use 4 time
> series - the two stocks and the two p/e series which I would
> import.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=243066.2826855.4185932.1927555/D=egroupweb/S=1
705