RE: [Metastockusers] Equis User Friendliness

<FONT face=Arial
size=2>jay:
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
You are overlooking
that prior to Reuters the index was 100% correct (well 99.9999999% correct).
>From versions 3 to 6 I only came across one small error in the
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
Another problem, the
Index is not as well cross referenced as it was in the past.
The manual is still
a good document, it used to be a superb document.
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Lionel

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: JayTownsend@xxxxxxx
[mailto:JayTownsend@xxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 12:23
PMTo: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
[Metastockusers] Equis User Friendliness<FONT
face=arial,helvetica><<
<FONT lang=0  face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">Sure the index in the book is off by a couple of pages
here and there but all you have to do is flip around a bit and you'll find
it.  I rarely use the book anyway.  The on-screen help is much faster
for me.<FONT lang=0  face=Arial
color=#000000 size=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">>>I agree that MS is a
good basic charting program and that aspect has improved over the years.
However, with version 8.0 NONE of the entries that I've looked up in the hard
copy index are anywhere close to the pages they refer to and several items
aren't in there (or in the Help system) at all.  (Via email, Equis has
admitted to this error and has said that a reprint of the manual is in process
and will be distributed when done.  Ha!  I trust them as much as I do
Saddam.)  As far as searching through the manual for an individual topic,
it is next to impossible.  As far as the on-line help (within MS), it is
the most anemic help information system I have on any program I own (other than
freeware).  Many topics have subjects, then give you absolutely no specific
information on how to perform the task at hand.I was on this list (or a
similar one) 4 or 5 years ago and it was monitored by an MS technician.
The tech would respond to many of the questions which didn't receive adequate
answers by the user group, and would also respond to MS deficiencies.
Since the Reuters take over, this no longer happens.I've been with MS
since version 1 and since Reuters entered the picture have found that they are
not interested in MS customers, only in selling add-ons and
data.Jay To
to:Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxYour use
of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.