[Metastockusers] Re: System Tester 8 Newby Question

Joe J.,

I didn't mean to sound like I was jumping on Equis, I was just
repeating what they told me about a flaw in 8.0. If they are telling
me that they are aware of a flaw, then there must be a flaw
somewhere. The rep I talked with didn't sound too knowledgeable,
though.

Since your CCI system test worked, then it must be my settings. With
my current settings, sometimes I get a reversal on the same bar, and
sometimes I only get an exit. I have the same formula as "Sell"
and "Enter Short", and the same formula as "Buy" and "Cover Short". I
have "Both" checked also, allowing longs and shorts. I have to allow
multiple positions (2) in order to get even a few reversals. But,
allowing multiple positions also will give me 2 or 3 buy orders in a
row, adding to my current position - which isn't what I want.

I appreciate your willingness to help. Can you reply again, including
all your settings for the CCI test? I would give you mine now, but I
am not at my MetaStock computer. Could the problem be my Margin
settings?

steve

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe J." <jojab@xxxx> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Before jumping on Equis, let me assure you that you can do SAR's on
MS
> 8.0.  I just wrote a simple test to go long when the 13SMA crossed
the
> 34SMA and SAR when it reversed.  I've attached a .gif.  As you can
see,
> the exit symbol and the new entry appear on the same 5 min bar.
>
> Does your "buy order" have the same condition as your "buy to
cover"?
> Does your "sell order" and "sell short order" both have the same
> conditions?  They should.
>
> I also just ran the Equis test for CCI and it worked just fine.
Again,